Vs. 6 – “And, behold, this should be wine, yea, pure wine of the grape of the vine, of your own make.”
- I am assuming that this is referring to the wine used in the sacrament.
- It is my understanding that “wine” in the Old and New Testaments was actually just grape juice. Not the fermented stuff that “deepens the flavor” and “alters the body and mind”.
- And, I would venture to say that extra sugar was not added to this wine to sweeten it. That is a modern day practice.
- I summary, wine today is not the wine of yesterday.
- The wine of yesterday was essentially fresh-squeezed-juice. O yum!